New Urban, Traditional Neighborhood Developments, and Smart Growth Communities
The Seaside Institute
Seaside Community Performing Arts Center and Community Foundation
Seaside Repertory Theatre
- Strategic partnership in The Seaside Institute’s New Institutes Program.
- Performing Arts Center project development, design team management, program and budget development, strategic partner recruitment.
- Community Foundation organizational development, general management, grants program creation and management, and fund raising.
- Seaside Repertory Theatre strategic planning and institutional development counsel.
Gorham’s Bluff, Alabama
Gorham’s Bluff Institute
- Community and institutional vision and mission development; nonprofit organizational structure and governance counsel for the Gorham’s Bluff Institute
Meriam Park, Chico, California
Meriam Park/New Urban Builders, Inc.
- Community arts needs assessment, stakeholder vision and mission development; nonprofit organizational structure and governance counsel
East Bay, Panama City, Florida
East Bay Institute
- Community vision and mission development; nonprofit organizational structure, programming, financial modeling, incorporation and tax-exempt status filing
Mizner Park, Boca Raton, Florida
Centre for the Arts at Mizner Park
- Vision and mission development; project design team management; nonprofit organization development, financing, and management services, and recruiting of civic strategic partners
- Developed intergovernmental operating agreement with the City, nonprofit and CRA.
Serenbe, Atlanta, Georgia
Serenbe Institute for Art, Culture & the Environment
- Community vision and mission development; on-going management of nonprofit community institute, programs, and projects; strategic planning counsel for the Hill County Montessori School and the Chattahoochee Hill Country city organizing committee
Starkey Ranch, New Port Richey, Florida
Starkey Center for Nature and Community, Inc.
- Stakeholder vision, mission, and strategic action plan development
Westhaven, Franklin Tennessee
Westhaven Community/Southern Land Company
- Vision and mission development, and organizational structure counsel for Westhaven community foundation
East Bay, Norfolk, Virginia
- As part of the Seaside Institute’s (SI) ‘New Institute’ Initiative, collaborated with SI to provide the community of East Bay in Norfolk, VA, with the information and tools necessary to enhance the “civic infrastructure” of the community.
City of Meridian, Mississippi
- Lead consultants with The Seaside Institute in a major downtown revitalization initiative involving arts and culture as anchors;
- Strategic planning counsel to the Meridian Arts Council
Early County 2055, Blakely, Georgia
- Community arts and cultural needs assessment; feasibility study for the adaptive reuse for an historic theatre and office building; project development, operating budget and management structure recommendations
Montgomery County Historical Society, Maryland
- In partnership with Cunningham + Quill, architects and planners, program development and operating budget projections for a renovated historic bank barn and farm complex
City of Hollywood, Florida
- Project management for the City of Hollywood in the development of the Young Circle ARTSPARK, including design team coordination, program and community alliances development; strategic planning and counsel to the City Manager
City of Fort Mill, South Carolina
- Feasibility study to determine potential use of historic downtown theatre, including architectural and building program recommendations, development of capital and operating financial proformas, and recommendations regarding management and governance
Cobb County, Georgia
- Arts and culture program and facility feasibility study for revitalization of the downtown Mableton downtown center.
Collier County, Florida
Community Redevelopment Agency
- Program and facility feasibility assessment for arts and culture in the Bayshore Triangle Redevelopment District
Walton County, Florida
Tourist Development Council
- Performing arts center planning and feasibility assessment
Community and Arts Organization Projects
Woodruff Art Center, Atlanta Symphony Center (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Firm principal Tomlinson serves as Project Director for the expansion of the Woodruff Arts Center, including the new Atlanta Symphony Center
Rapallo Art District, Rapallo Performing Arts Theatre (Fort Myers, Florida)
- Art District community visioning; theatre development construction and operations review and assessment; theatre strategic planning; funding feasibility study
LaGrange Performing Arts Center, The Callaway Foundations (LaGrange, Georgia)
- Community performing arts and arts education center project development; community strategic cultural planning; board development and institutional capacity building for nonprofit arts and culture organizations
Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation (Destin, Florida)
- Cultural Arts Village visioning and program development; institutional capacity building and board development
Arts United (Fort Wayne, Indiana)
- Performing and visual arts facility analysis and feasibility study; management and governance structure development; implementation of a central patron data base and ticketing system; design and implementation of shared administrative functions and operations; building program development for office building adaptive reuse
Marengo County History and Archive Museum (Demopolis, Alabama)
- Institutional development program, facility feasibility assessment and strategic planning
Western Arts Alliance (Portland, Oregon)
- Board of directors strategic planning multi-day retreat facilitation
The Photography Museum (Atlanta, Georgia>
- Board of directors strategic planning workshop facilitation